Happy Friday 13th, guys! I don’t know if any of you are superstitious, but I love it because it always feels like a day when anything could happen. I’m not a huge believer in bad luck. Anyway, onto the recipe!
This is my go-to, easy-peasy lunchtime meal. It features one of my favourite vegetables: butternut squash. You can switch this out for any other sweet pumpkin, the grey ones work well also.
I served up mine with some fruit-infused water using frozen blueberries. Bubbles courtesy of my mom’s Soda Stream! I never thought it would be my thing, but I totally love making my own fizzy drinks. Just look at all those bubbles!
Prep time: 5-10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins @ 190℃
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1/2 Butternut squash
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- Rocket leaves
- Toasted seeds (pumpkin, sesame and sunflower)
- Grated parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast for vegan version)
- Oil (olive oil for couscous, coconut oil to roast squash)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Cut up and roast the squash in the oven at 190 centigrade. I use coconut oil and add some balsamic vinegar.
- While the oven does its thing, cover the couscous in boiling water.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes and throw them in a large bowl along with rocket, seeds, parmesan, oil and vinegar. Season to taste.
- When the squash has cooked through (should be super soft and easy to pierce with a fork), toss through the salad
- Fluff up the couscous and serve!